Easily scale your Hadoop deployment
The Hortonworks Data Platform on Nutanix solution provides a single high-density platform for Hadoop, VM hosting, and application delivery. This modular, pod-based approach means that deployments can be easily scaled. HDFS was able to run natively on Nutanix, reducing the overhead associated with traditional Hadoop deployments.
Nutanix provides all the benefits of virtualization without the pitfalls of shared storage, such as the complexity of managing a separate data fabric and the introduction of bottlenecks and silos as you go to scale your environment. As you scale to tens to thousands of nodes with Nutanix, you can enjoy enterprise quality with consumer-grade look and feel through the Prism UI's one-click management capabilities.
In this reference architecture, we cover the following subject areas:
- Overview of the Nutanix solution for delivering Hadoop on AHV.
- Benefits of Hadoop on Nutanix.
- Architecting a complete Hadoop solution on the Nutanix platform.
- Sizing guidance for scaling Hadoop deployments on Nutanix.
- Design and configuration considerations when architecting Hadoop on AHV and on the Acropolis Distributed Storage Fabric (DSF).
- Benchmarking Hadoop performance on Nutanix using TeraSort and TestDFSIO.
Download The Report